The GEC Designation is designed broaden their skillset and to ensure that participants master a certain level of energy industry knowledge across ten learning modules. This certification provides them with the necessary knowledge and skills to become an efficient and effective member of an energy industry management, sales, consulting, or analyst team.
Participants in the GEC Program could include:
- Management Consultants
- Financial Traders
- Due Diligence professionals
- Marketers & Sales Professionals
- Professors & trainers
- Commodity Trading Advisers (CTAs) & Forex Fund Managers
- Investor Relations Professionals.
While nothing can replace years of industry experience, the program aims to increase the breadth of energy industry knowledge that current industry professionals hold and assist those individuals transitioning into the global energy industry.
How does GEC broaden your skillset?
The objectives of the course are:
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in the global energy industry.
- To improve the practice of energy management by encouraging energy managers in a continuing program of professional development.
- To identify persons with acceptable knowledge of the principles and practices of the global energy industry and its related disciplines and laws governing and affecting energy managers through completing an examination and fulfilling prescribed standards of performance and conduct.
- To award special recognition to those global energy professionals who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness for energy industry issues.
Participants can expect to leave the programme with:
- An understanding of the energy business environment and its fundamental economic and technological concepts and terminology.
- An in-depth knowledge of energy technologies, industries and markets.
- The ability to assess and develop strategies to address major issues in energy regulation and policy.
- A thorough and practical approach to financial, legal, and regulatory issues and resources related to the global energy industry.
The programme is intended for those familiar with the energy industry as well as participants aspiring to work in the energy field.
It is profession-orientated and designed to give participants a comprehensive understanding of key energy issues and improve their analytical and research skills. The programme’s objective is to educate and train for the energy sector by using state-of-the-art NRG Expert knowledge, intelligence, data, and insight into this rapidly changing industry.